WEB APPLICATION PENETRATION TESTING METHODOLOGY.
MAPPING AND SERVICE IDENTIFICATION
RECONNAISSANCE AND ENUMERATION
VULNERABILITY IDENTIFICATION & PATCHING
ADVANTAGES WITH BASEEL
Benefits of an Application penetration testing performed by Baseel include:
API are performing critical operations in Application. API penetration testing deliver quality results while decreasing your costs. With decades of security experience, our Pen testers identify critical to low vulnerabilities in API endpoints for improving security posture of the API. Our Pen tester will provide you the right fix and perform the patch verifications once flaws fixed.
What is application penetration testing ?
A penetration test, also known as a pen test, is a simulated cyber attack against your computer system to check for exploitable vulnerabilities. In the context of web application security, penetration testing is commonly used to augment a web application firewall (WAF).
- The application penetration test is mostly focused on the Application Layer of TCP/IP model. Within the context of application pentesting, this layer includes:
- All types of websites (e.g. opensource CMS such as WordPress or proprietary MS SharePoint)
- All types of web applications including e-commerce, e-banking and e-voting applications
- All types of web application residing in the cloud, or provided as a SaaS or PaaS
- All types of HTTP-based web services, microservices, REST and SOAP APIs
- All types of mobile applications, including e-payment and fintech apps
- All types of HTTP-based IoT applications and microservices
- Distributed applications (blockchain) and smart contracts
- Assurance of Integrity and Compliance – It is pivotal to verify that your data is properly protected to ensure a well-informed decision-making process and budgeting.
- Cyber Risk Reduction – skyrocketing data breaches oftentimes happen because of careless or negligent cybersecurity management, ignorance of novel risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Legal and Financial Liability Decrease – Western courts, both in Common and Civil law systems, consider such precautions as penetration testing and related processes when assessing penalties in data breach litigation, now spanning from penny individual complaints to multi-billion class action lawsuits.
- Cyber Insurance Reduction – currently trendy cybersecurity insurances scrutinize your penetration testing processes when evaluating your eligibility to get coverage in case of a security incident, data breach or leak.
- Cybersecurity Strategy Verification – penetration test is tenable and pragmatic manner to ascertain that the money you invest into your corporate cybersecurity and compliance strategies are spent efficiently and effectively, generating tangible value for the shareholders.