Why secure the "BARRICADE" of the organization ?
Even being the first line of defense, it has its own set of weaknesses, that if not addressed, can cause havoc in the network environment. A few common weaknesses that are seen in the firewall policy are stated below, but are not limited to just these :
Optimizing your First Line of Automated Defense
The Firewall Configuration Review service follows a very rigorous method which performs a deep analysis of the firewall configuration. Maintaining your firewall rules is one of the most important firewall management functions, yet many businesses continue to struggle with it. The review process takes into account the following:
- Checking for availability of vulnerability or bugs in the current hardware and software updates.
- A full exhaustive reviewing of all the hardware devices associated within the firewall.
- Review of accounts set up on the firewall and the OS.
- Checking for possible hardware or software malfunctioning.
- Scrutinizing the comments for all the rules in the ruleset for proper justification.
- Verify if the rules provide any trivial privileges.
- Review the firewall for al of the enabled services.
- Review overall firewall configuration and rule sets deployed on the firewall.
- Reviewing the vendors licensing.
- Prioritizing recommendations related to overall device configuration.
- Check for vulnerabilities in the encryption and hashing process.