Thick Client Penetration Testing
The thick client application needs a continuous connection to the server.
Insecure communication to the server can be tampered with and manipulated with the attacker's payloads. To fix thick client vulnerabilities, first, identify security flaws using Baseel service.
WEB APPLICATION PENETRATION TESTING METHODOLOGY.
MAPPING AND SERVICE IDENTIFICATION
RECONNAISSANCE AND ENUMERATION
ADVANTAGES WITH BASEEL
Benefits of an Application penetration testing performed by Baseel include:
What is thick client penetration testing ?
OWASP top ten vulnerability standard followed to find vulnerabilities along with Baseel test cases for the thick client penetration testing.
- Beyond XSS with Business Logic Errors, Code Injection
- Remote Code Execution
- SQL Injection
- XML External Entities (XXE) Injection
- Privilege Escalation, SSRF, and IDOR
- Race condition Vulnerability
- Session Management vulnerabilities
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Java, .NET Deserialization vulnerability
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards
- Sensitive Data Exposure
- Application Access Control Issues
- Android permission vulnerabilities
- A remote code execution vulnerability in the Android media.
- A remote code execution vulnerability in libxml2
- Android application binary protection
- Android application reversing
- iOS application reverse engineering
- API vulnerabilities
- Buffer overflow in Thick client
- DLL injection
- Business logic validations for Thick client
- Error handling/ information leakage
- Exfiltration of sensitive data from memory